12th SAQG Travelling Exhibition
Since its inception, the South African Quilters’ Guild Travelling Exhibition aims to raise awareness for the art of quiltmaking by showcasing the work of its members.
The Travelling Exhibition quilts travel the country for up to 2 years to guilds and groups, exhibition spaces and galleries to expose quilting to other artists and the general public.
ALL members of the SAQG are invited to participate in the next SAQG Travelling Exhibition by making a quilt inspired by the theme ‘A Stitch in Time’. We welcome traditional, modern and art quilts!
According to poemanalysis.com A stitch in time saves nine is an English proverb that describes the benefits of working hard now in order to save time later.
It first appeared in print as an established proverb in 1732.
Conditions to participate:
- The entrant must be a SAQG member by Guild affiliation or an individual member.
- The entry must be a quilt, consist of at least 3 layers and be made primarily of cloth.
Any technique or construction method may be used.
The quilt must be easy to pack and travel e.g. no elements or embellishments that may deteriorate or distort other quilts.
- Size: The finished quilt must measure 40cm wide X 55cm long. The total measurement includes any fringes and/or extensions etc. No frames or heavy attachments will be accepted.
- Entry fee: ZA R100 per entry. The cost of sending the entry is for the quilter” own account.
- The quilt cannot be for sale and must be available to travel with the Exhibition until July 2024.
- Please note: This is NOT a competition. However, the entries will be juried by qualified quilt judges to ensure compliance to size, and work of a high standard.
- If the entry is not accepted, the quilter will be notified and the return of the entry will be for the quilter’s own account.
The Quilt Exhibition will travel around the country from April 2023 to July 2024 to end in Pietermaritzburg as a satellite exhibition of the “Voices in Cloth” National Quilt Festival.
Entries open: 7 November 2022
Entries close: 24 February 2023
Entries delivery deadline: 8 March 2023
Travelling Exhibition commences: 12 April 2023
Travelling Exhibition ends: July 2024 at the “Voices in Cloth” National Quilt Festival in Pietermaritzburg.
How to enter:
- Download the Entry Form from the SAQG website www.quiltsouthafrica.co.za or contact Antoinette Kriel – email@example.com
- Complete one Entry Form for each entry
- Make payment to the SAQG account (see Entry Form) and send proof of payment to Antoinette Kriel – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries are to be sent/ delivered to Antoinette Kriel – 27 Lovemore Crescent, St Francis Bay, 6312 cell. 083 556 3043 or to Postnet, St Francis Bay,
We are looking forward to receiving your A Stitch in Time entries and seeing and exhibiting
the different styles of work and interpretation of the theme, the quality of workmanship
and the imaginative way in which you use colour and design!
If you need more information or have any queries, please contact
Antoinette Kriel – 042 294 1143 or 083 556 3043 (WhatsApp)
or send an e-mail to email@example.com